Looking for vacations? Reasons why you should consider Canada for your next holidays.
Before you think I am a Canadian who only praises her own yard, let me tell you: I am Brazilian. My experience with the travel business comes from more than sixty international trips to twenty-five countries. I discovered Canada recently, after moving here on October 2012. I am glad it took me so long to get to know Canada otherwise my long list of visited countries would have stayed short.
In this post I am going to give you the reasons for traveling to (or staying in) Canada instead of traveling to Europe on your next vacations.
Ten reasons for staying in Canada during your holidays:
- You save on international flight tickets;
- Euro is stronger than the Canadian dollar, as a consequence your money lasts less in Europe than in Canada;
- You would like to see fjords? You have them right in your yard. Take a “sea safari” along Howe Sound and you will enjoy sailing along a fjord, with snow covered peaks around you.
- Do you want to know the best place to watch and take pictures of marine life? Canada is the place to go.
- You are dreaming to see deep-blue lakes? Canada has the most beautiful glacier lakes in this planet. You don’t need to go anywhere else.
- Do you love to hike? Parks and trails in Canada are well maintained and marked. This is not the rule in Europe. Switzerland is the good exception as their trails are well marked. In other countries around Europe it’s difficult for someone not familiarized with the region to find its way around.
- Do you like to find clean and free toilets? The Canadian toilets (called washrooms here) are easily found in all National Parks. This does not happens in Europe: There they are scarce and usually not properly maintained. One more reason where Canada wins is that here toilets are free. In Europe, most of the time, to gain access you must pay (I hope you carry coins… otherwise…)
- Do you enjoy having a drink after hiking or kayaking? You better stay in Canada. Beer and wine are much cheaper in Canada than in Europe. Same for food and accommodations.
- Friendly people. If you travel outside Canada it will be difficult to find spontaneous help. Canadians are the friendliest people in the world. This reason is big enough for enjoying your holidays in Canada. During holidays you expect sweetness and smiling faces, right?
- Canada is safe. I just came from a trip to the Scandinavia and found many gypsies all over the streets. Even in little towns. This is a problem Europe is facing, after adopting “open borders” . I feel 100 x safer in Canada! If you aren’t fortunate enough to live in Canada and are looking for the best place in the world to spend your holidays, don’t look anywhere else: Come to Canada. Just read the ten reasons above and sum one more: If you carry a stronger currency, like the British Pound or the Euro, your holidays will cost even less!
As you already notice, no native English here but I hope you got my point: Canada is the best place to go or…. to stay! 🙂 If you would like to make a contribution for improving the language fell free to send your comments, I will love to hear from you! 🙂
If you like this post, please share it! 🙂